Tuesday 11 November 2014

Lebanese Style Chicken Shawarma

I love Shawarma. Whether it’s Chicken, Steak, Lamb or Turkey, I just love it. I have lost count of how many times I have gone Edgware road just for it. So I thought it’s high time I reduce my late night trips to Edgware road and find a solution to my cravings. Lol!!(I did tell you all I love food)
So after playing with so many spices and speaking with the Chef at the local Lebanese Restaurant I finally have my own recipe... Yayyyy!!!!! You all can’t fully understand but I am sure The Hubz is thrilled... So let’s go straight into it
Ingredients
400g Chicken Fillets
1 tsp grounded oregano
1 tsp ginger
1tsp cumin
1tsp paprika
½ grounded nutmeg
1tsp garlic granules
1tsp tomato puree
1tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp Tahini paste
2 tbsp greek yogurt
1tsp of lemon juice
Pinch of salt
Pitta Bread
Lettuce/ Cabbage/ Parsley
Cucumbers
Red & White Onions

Cut the chicken fillets in thin slices




Rinse and drain the water out.
In a bowl, add the fillets and all the spices( oregano, cumin, paprika, nutmeg, garlic), tomato puree, virgin oil, tahini paste, greek yogurt, lemon juice and salt.


Mix it all together ensuring all the chicken fillets are well covered. Cover it with foil paper and put it in the fridge for 30 minutes minimum to overnight depending on how quickly you want to cook it. (The longer you keep it in, the more the chicken absorbs the spices)

Slice the cucumbers, lettuce, onions or any other vegetables you prefer.


Heat the grill pan on medium heat, add spray cooking oil.

When slightly hot, add the fillets from the fridge.


Cook for 15 minutes whilst turning the fillet pieces as necessary. Do not cook more than 15 minutes as you do not want the chicken to dry out.

When done, toast the pitta bread in a toaster, cut a thin line in the middle at the tip then let everyone add their choice of vegetables and fillets.
I made sweet potatoes fries to go with it as sides and all types of sauce were available, tahini sauce, garlic mayonnaise, ketchup, chilli sauce etc.



I laid it on the board so everyone can help themselves, argue for the big chicken pieces and just enjoy food together.  I love how food brings everyone together. 

You can also use tortilla wraps and steak as shown below 







I hope you all try it out and let me know your thoughts.
Enjoy
xxxx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home