Monday 27 October 2014

Chicken Stew

I am not a big fan of chicken in my stew but once in a while all I crave is chicken stew. So when my mum mentioned she was going to Liverpool street market, I did not hesitate to give her my list. lol!

There is something about Liverpool street chicken, its fresh and adds a taste to the stew that is so refreshing and clean. If your in Africa, this is probably not luxury for you as you can get fresh chicken easily

So back to the matter, my special ingredient when cooking chicken stew is my seasoning cube (Jumbo Chicken Cubes) as the chicken brings in so much flavour already, I just need to add a bit of oomph to the stew.

Ingredients

1 whole chicken
100 ml chicken stock
2 cans of chopped tomato plums
2 scotch bonnet
1 red bell peppers
1 onion
2 seasoning cubes
3 cooking spoon of sunflower oil.

Wash the chicken and add seasoning.



When done, put aside the chicken stock in a bowl and grill or fry the chicken.

Blend the peppers, tomatoes and onion.


In a large pot, pour the sunflower oil and blended sauce. (The oil does not have to be hot)
Add the stock and seasoning cube and cook for 15 minutes on medium heat.
Add the grilled or fried chicken and cook for another 15 minutes or until the oil starts to show on the surface.




Best served with rice or bread. I got bread from Finsbury Park to go with it. Hmmmmm



Enjoy

xxxx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home